Take our classes!
To enroll in any of these classes from CCCOnline, you must apply at one of the following colleges:
Once your application has been accepted at a home college of your choice, you will declare that institution as your Home College, and then enroll for the EDU courses found on our Annual Course Listiing.
CTE, Division Chair
- The Adult and Literacy Education program is managed under the division of Career and Technical Education (CTE) at CCCOnline.
Get a list of Colorado’s Adult Education and Family Literacy programs.
For more information on adult education and literacy, visit the Colorado Adult Education Professional Association.
Adult and Family Literacy
CCCOnline delivers the courses that teachers who already work in Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language and family literacy need for certification. The 3-credit courses include the following:
- EDU 131 Introduction to Adult Education
- EDU 132 Planning, Organizing & Delivering Adult Education
- EDU 133 Adult Basic/Adult Secondary Education
- EDU 134 Teaching English as a Second Language to Adult Learners
- EDU 135 Family Literacy in Adult Education
The Colorado Department of Education's Adult Education and Family Literacy program is part of the office of Student Support Services and administers both state and federal programs that provide educational opportunities to Colorado adults and their families: Colorado GED Testing, Family Literacy Education Fund (FLEF), and the federally-funded state administered Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) program. Teachers who work in any of these programs may need these classes for certification or recertification.
Click on any of the following links for further information related to Adult Literacy: