Home College Information
What we do:
- Hire and pay professionally credentialed faculty who teach CCCOnline courses
- Develop accredited courses used in an online classroom, delivering the same on-campus course curriculum to students online
- Maintain the quality of our courses and carefully track student and faculty interaction
- Provide technical and academic support, including tutoring services and a 24/7 HelpDesk
- Enter grades for students who successfully complete CCCOnline courses, those grades will then be available at all 13 home colleges
- Maintain the Desire2Learn platform – or the software used to access and interact in your classes
- Keep up with the latest technology and look for ways to incorporate and use it in our classes
What Home Colleges do:
- Process your college application
- Take your tuition payment – for Home College courses and CCCOnline courses
- Provide access to all student records
- Provide all course transcripts
- Provide career counseling and student advising
- Assist you to transfer your credits
- Issue your degree or certificate
What you need to do:
- Choose a home college that offers the degree or certificate program that you want to pursue (not all programs are offered at each college).
- If you are interested in a particular CCCOnline program, visit the program page to see if there are any program restrictions on which Home College you should choose.
- If there are no program restrictions on which college you choose, pick the one that either is closest to home or easily accessible for you in case you need to visit the campus to talk to an advisor, pay a tuition bill or any other reason.
- If you are an out-of-state student and have no restrictions on which Home College you choose, visit each of the different CCCS Home College websites to find the one that fits your needs the best!
CCCOnline is not a college, per se. CCCOnline is an accredited online (web-based) organization and part of the Colorado Community College System's (CCCS) 13 two-year land colleges across the state. CCCOnline works as an online conduit, providing the service of delivering courses from those 13 land colleges – plus Dawson Community College in Glendive, Montana -- all online.
Before students can take a CCCOnline course, they must apply and be admitted to one of the 13 Colorado Community College System (CCCS) land-based campuses (referred to as a "Home College"). Once admitted to a CCCS Home College of their choice, students can register for CCCOnline classes online each and every semester.
CCCOnline as a virtual campus supports the CCCS Home Colleges by presenting 25 Guaranteed Transfer credit courses (a.k.a. GT25). So you can be assured if you take most or all of your classes at CCCOnline that your classes are accredited and transferable to any other Colorado State college, 2 year or 4 year alike. Another convenient feature about CCCOnline is that you can access all your courses 24/7 from your home, office, or any other computer that has access to the internet. Technical support is also offered around the clock from the CCCS 24/7 HelpDesk.
CCCOnline does not provide all of the services students receive at their Home College campus, but we assist our students with technical support, textbooks and other necessary online materials, to name a few. The services students can and should utilize from their Home College for Enrollment, Advising, Registration, Accuplacer™ placement tests, and Computer Lab related help.